Used Ticketmaster to buy tickets (to The Lion King).
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My 2006 resolutions
Exercise more Nope.
Finish a story (preferably the one I'm working on now) before 2006 is over Heck no.
Have more self-control when it comes to spending Definitely no.
I resolve to update my journal every day. Out of 365 days, I posted 249. I think that's pretty good.
I resolve to swear less. Or at least downgrade some of the really bad words. I think I'm getting a little better.
I'll probably post this year's resolutions today or tomorrow.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yep, my sister-in-law, Lindsey. Breanna Beth was born August 30th.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God.
5. What countries did you visit?
None. I haven't left the country since 1999.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Money. A boyfriend would be nice too, but money is much more likely.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 30, the day Breanna was born.
8. What was/were your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Making my own (text-only) icons with Minifesto.
Buying my own Gameboy Advance.
Started taking daily (well, almost) vitamins.
Went to Holy Thursday Mass, Good Friday Service, and Easter Vigil Mass. I plan to make that a yearly tradition.
Got my own cell phone.
Started drinking Starbucks once a week.
Drinking more water every day.
Getting my teeth whitened.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not writing the Labyfic that I was planning for the Labyversary.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yeah, got laryngitis in May.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably firelion's Christmas presents. At least, they were the most fun.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Bobby, for defending freedom in Iraq.
Lindsey, for being so brave and such a good mom while Bobby's in Iraq.
firelion, for making me a Laby-themed My Little Pony and for putting up with me. I think that job gets harder every year.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Patty, of course.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Frederic Clement, one of my favorite authors, leaving a comment in my lj.
Finding out The Lion King is coming to Omaha and actually getting tickets to it.
16. There is no question 16!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier, I guess.
b) thinner or fatter? Definitely fatter. Need to exercize.
c) richer or poorer? More stuff, less money. That makes me poorer, I think.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
With my family, as always.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
I acquired numerous movie and TV boyfriends, if that's what you mean.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was/were your favourite TV programme(s)?
NCIS. It's in its 4th season now and just keeps kicking ass.
Dirty Jobs is a close second and MythBusters is a close third.
House, M.D. is definitely growing on me.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Patty. I didn't exactly hate her this time last year, I just really didn't like her.
25. What was/were the best book(s) you read?
Television Without Pity: 752 Things We Love To Hate (And Hate To Love) About TV by Tara Ariano and Sarah D. Bunting
Bad Cat by Jim Edgar
Heavy Words Lightly Thrown: The Reason Behind The Rhyme by Chris Roberts
Witchling by Yasmine Galenorn
The Undead series by MaryJanice Davidson
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Wicked soundtrack firelion gave me for my birthday. I can't thank her enough for that.
Also Me First and the Gimme Gimmes. They only do covers, but they're pretty good covers.
And ... it is possible for me to write a melody. Who knew?
27. What did you want and get?
Among other things:
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest DVD
House, MD Season 1 DVD
NCIS Season 2 DVD
28. What did you want and not get?
I got everything that I really, really wanted. (Thanks, everybody!) But there were a couple of things that weren't as much of a priority, including The Court Jester on DVD.
29. What was/were your favourite film(s) of this year?
I saw three films in the theater in '06: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead man's Chest, The Prestige, and Casino Royale. I hated The Prestige. PotC: DMC is a little better than Casino Royale.
Now, the movies I saw for the first time on TV were: V for Vendetta, Batman Begins, The Merchant of Venice, Corpse Bride, Ocean's Twelve, X-Men III, and Monsoon Wedding. I'll tell you right now that Ocean's Twelve stank. Of the rest, I loved them all, but V for Vendetta and Batman Begins were probably the best.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Had Pizza Hut pizza, red velvet cake, and Bunny Tracks ice cream with my family. I turned 29.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not buying stuff for myself like money was going out of style.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
If it's clean and in good condition, I'll wear it.
33. What kept you sane?
firelion, livejournal, and chocolate, in roughly that order.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
You would ask me that. I can't really say who I fancied the most, so I'll just list who caught my fancy this year.
Egyptologist Bob Brier
Steve Watson (Discovery Channel's former show Monster House)
New In 2006
Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs
Alton Brown of Good Eats
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The war in Iraq.
36. Who did you miss?
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Breanna. :-) Everyone else is a close second.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
Money doesn't grow on trees.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
If you wanna kiss the sky, better learn how to kneel.