1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Visited Hawaii (considering I used to live there, just visiting is something I've never done before).
Stayed with Bobby, Linds, and their kids.
Got my own apartment.
Went on a business trip.
Became a card-carrying Republican.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My 2008 Resolutions
Not procrastinate when it comes to what's important to me. Whether it's my health, my writing, or whatever, if I need to do it, I need to do it ASAP.
I think I got better on that.
Swear less. It's getting on my nerves that I swear so much.
I actually did start swearing less in the second half of the year.
Finish a story. Whether it's My Everything or something else, I want to finish something.
Nope, totally blew this one.
Watch all the DVDs I have but haven't seen yet. Right now, too many of them are just collecting dust.
I've gotten better at this. And I started selling those I no longer want.
Exercise regularly. At least 30 minutes every other day.
I started doing the treadmill a few times a week in December.
2009 resolutions pending.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God.
5. What countries did you visit?
None. I haven't left the country since 1999.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Money. A boyfriend would be nice too, but money is much more likely.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 11th, the day I moved into my own apartment.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving out of my parents' house.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not writing a damn thing, not even a new chapter of My Everything.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Started the year with a sinus infection that I didn't get cleared up until late February. Had some sort of gastro-intestional problem in March. In short, nothing I haven't had many times before.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably the furniture, dishes, etc. for my apartment.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
firelion, for putting up with me.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Sarah Palin's (I'm half-joking). Oh, how about Fontanini's decision to make King Herod part of their Nativity line? Or whoever wrote The Dark Knight?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Buying stuff for my new place. Not really getting my own apartment, since it wasn't my idea.
16. There is no question 16!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier, I guess.
b) thinner or fatter? Slightly thinner, I think. Need to exercise more.
c) richer or poorer? More stuff, less money. That makes me poorer, I think.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family, as always.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I acquired a few more crushes.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What were your favorite TV programs?
NCIS remains my favorite TV show.
New Amsterdam and Valentine will be forever missed.
Eureka is just plain cool.
The Tudors is very, very loosely based on a true story, but it's still damn fun.
Dancing With The Stars is a lot more fun when you watch the season from the beginning.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't think so.
25. What were the best books you read?
Succubus in the City by Nina Harper
Dragon Heat and The Black Dragon by Allyson James
A Good Year by Peter Mayle
Darkling and Dragon Wytch by Yasmine Galenorn
The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, and The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan
Blue Dahlia, Black Rose, and Red Lily by Nora Roberts
The Undead Next Door by Kerrelyn Sparks
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Paramore's "Riot" is probably the best exercise album out there.
27. What did you want and get?
27 Dresses, Mr. St. Nick, An Ideal Husband, Lord of the Dance, How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire, Be Still My Vampire Heart, The Dragon Master, DeBrand chocolates and marshmallows
28. What did you want and not get?
A 1/2 Price Books giftcard. But, I still haven't gotten anything from Mark, so there's still a chance.
29. What were your favorite films of this year?
in the theater
A Good Year
Dragon Sword aka George and the Dragon
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
live-action Charlotte's Web
Alvin and the Chipmunks
An Ideal Husband
Mr. St. Nick
30. What did you do on your birthday?
Had Pizza Hut pizza, red velvet cake, and peppermint ice cream with my family.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having more money.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
If it's clean and in good condition, I'll wear it.
33. What kept you sane?
firelion, livejournal, and chocolate, in roughly that order.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
You would ask me that. I can't really say who I fancied the most, so I'll just list who caught my fancy this year.
Dr. Bob Brier
New In 2008
Mark Calaway (newly single)
Richard E. Grant
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Conservatism vs. libralism. To me, that's what all politics really boils down to.
36. Who did you miss?
Bobby, Linds, Reilly, and Breanna. Rumor has it they'll be back in late February!
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I don't know.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Money still doesn't grow on trees.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Don't give up. It's just the weight of the world."