Went on a weekend business trip to Atlanta in June. If I ever go back to Atlanta, it won't be during the summer.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My 2010 Resolutions
Exercise more. I'm thinking treadmill time every other day or so.
Yeah, that didn't happen.
Spend less. With the exception of the stuff I pre-ordered in 2009, I'm not buying any books, DVDs, or CDs this year.
I actually started out doing fairly well on this, but of course I didn't stick to the plan.
Write more. I still have cross-stitch projects to finish, but I also want to get back to writing.
Nope, that didn't happen either.
2011 resolutions still pending.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God.
5. What countries did you visit?
None. I haven't left the country since 1999.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
More time. Can I get a 48 hour day?
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Dec 15, the day I broke free from Windows98.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Buying a new computer. I think 10 years was a long-enough wait.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not finishing more of my cross-stitch projects and not writing a damn thing. Same as 2009.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I ended the year with a cold/sinus infection, but that's nothing new.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The aforementioned computer.
A DVR subscription.
High-speed internet subscription to go with aforementioned computer.
New glasses and prescription sunglasses.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
firelion, for putting up with me.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The Tea Partiers cheating the system to get Bristol Palin into the DWTS finals.
W, for saying Kanye's comment was the worst day of his presidency. I voted for him twice why?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Books, CDs, and DVDs. So namely Amazon.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The aforementioned computer.
16. There is no question 16!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier, I guess.
b) thinner or fatter? Slightly thinner, I think. Need to exercise more.
c) richer or poorer? More stuff, less money. That makes me poorer, I think.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family, as always.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
I acquired a few more crushes.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What were your favorite TV programs?
Sherlock. I really hope they make a Season 2.
RAW and Smackdown. Everytime I hear my brother's phone do the little "you have a new text" sound, I think of RAW's annoying and still-anonymous GM.
The Smoking Gun Presents The World's Dumbest _____
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't think so.
25. What were the best books you read?
The Vampire and the Virgin and Eat, Prey, Love, from the Love At Stake series by Kerrelyn Sparks
A Local Habitation and An Artifical Night from the October Daye series by Seanan McGuire
Feed from the Newsflesh trilogy by Mira Grant
Bone Magic and Harvest Hunting from the Sisters of the Moon/Otherworld series by Yasmine Galenorn
Black Ice, Cold as Ice, Ice Blue, Ice Storm, and Fire and Ice (the whole Ice series) by Anne Stuart
The Red Pyramid from the Kane Chronicles series by Rick Riordan
Er, can you tell I prefer series over stand-alone? Considering how much stitching I did this year, I'm amazed I got this much reading done.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I finally narrowed-down my favorite instruments: violin, cello, and electric guitar. This explains my love for Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
27. What did you want and get?
White Collar Season 1.
28. What did you want and not get?
I haven't received all of my Christmas/Birthday presents yet, so I can't answer that yet.
29. What were your favorite films of this year?
Nothing else really wowed me.
30. What did you do on your birthday?
Had Taco Bell, chocolate cake, and chocolate ice cream with my family.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having more money.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
If it's clean and in good condition, I'll wear it.
33. What kept you sane?
firelion, livejournal, and chocolate, in roughly that order.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Dr. Bob Brier
Richard E. Grant
New In 2010
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Conservatism vs. libralism. To me, that's what all politics really boils down to.
36. Who did you miss?
Bobby, Linds, Reilly, and BB.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I don't know.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Money still doesn't grow on trees.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"I was a little bit flawed, but I meant well." Seanan McGuire, "Phantoms of Summer"